Innovative Educational Model STEAM – new training method for Bulgaria
The educational model STEAM is new for Bulgaria. The name STEAM comes from the first letters of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths. We also add into the mix Entrepreneurship, Financial elements and very importantly Competencies. This extremely innovative educational model is suitable for people of all ages. The groups are formed out of trainees of the same interests, knowledge and age. This model stimulates the participants to define the topics and projects themselves and to develop them further in the course of the training. That makes STEAM extremely interesting. The STEAM model is currently being implemented in Bulgaria.
Training based on real projects and tasks
The tasks that form the focus of the inputs are all real world problems or projects, most often and ideally coming from the students themselves. One very important advantage of STEAM is the amount of real joy that the students display in their involvement in these inputs. They learn through doing, they actually produce something and begin to exercise their imaginations and innovate.
The process of the STEAM training develops the following areas:
- Communication Skills
- Identification and Quantifying the issues to be addressed
- Critical thinking and Problem Solving
- Solution finding
- Team Player / Member
- Consideration for and appreciation of the contributions of others
- Technical language (English)
- Hands on experiments and learning
- Time management
- Projects dependent skills and Competencies such as programming, use of hand tools, use of materials, working with electronics, using the internet as a tool for communication of data from sensors (IoT, Internet of Things), plus many more.
STEAM training can be done in different locations
STEAM training can be made on spot in a school / training center. Such training is done already in number of locations like the American-English Academy, Alphabet School, British Council, etc.
You can read more info at STEAM’s website: www.steampowered.team.